Who we are
Established in 1988, Acorns Children’s Hospice Trust is a registered charity offering a network of care for life-limited and life-threatened babies, children, young people and their families, across the heart of England. We have three hospices: Acorns Birmingham is located in Selly Oak; Acorns Three Counties is located in Worcester and Acorns Black Country is located in Walsall.
What we do
We provide tailored nursing care for each child including short breaks, emergency and end of life care at each of our three hospices. This includes short break provision; emergency and end of life care; therapeutic and psychosocial support; sibling services; and family support.
The children and young people that we help are not expected to reach adulthood and require specialist care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. In the last year, Acorns has provided a holistic service for 876 children and 1,097 families, including those who are bereaved.
Acorns relies on the community to fund the majority of our activities, with only 30% covered by statutory funding. It costs almost £10 million a year to run our care services in the hospices and community, providing care for the child and support for families. It costs £7,000 to fund 24 hours of vital care at one of our 3 hospices, so £21,000 a day to run all three.
This year we are celebrating a huge milestone – we are 30 years young!
Thanks to the support of people like you, for the past 30 years we have been providing vital care in our 3 hospices, the family home and in the community. We are caring for more children and families than ever before and we need your support to continue being there for the families that still need us right now.
Skydive for Acorns Childrens Hospice!
By doing a skydive for Acorns Childrens Hospice, you are helping to fund a day of care at one of our hospices. The day that we fund may be:
- The day a family spend time together in the hospice gardens, creating special memories
- The day a child uses the hydrotherapy pool for the first time and experiences weightlessness and pain relief
- The day siblings are able to play together on the accessible play area, with specialist equipment suitable for wheelchairs
- The day a mother is able to bath her child for the first time, using our adjustable bath and accessible bathroom
- The day a non-verbal child is able to communicate for the first time using the eye gaze system, letting us know what they like and dislike
You will be making a real and lasting difference to local life-limited and life-threatened children and their families
Enquiries to email@example.com
Deposit payable by the fundraiser and minimum amount to raise:
£50 on application, £500 minimum fundraising target, including deposit.