Do something amazing – jump out of
a perfectly good aeroplane for charity!!
Skydiving for charity is the most popular way of experiencing our sport
and you can jump for any charity you like.
There are lots of ways to raise money for charity, but one of the best is to do a sponsored parachute jump. Fun for you and profitable for the charity you choose!
Our associated registered charities set the rules regarding how much money has to be raised if you are planning on jumping for “free” – in other words, you’ll be taking the cost of the jump out of the money you raise. The minimum amount of money to be raised could be anything from £395. Normally this involves a £50 to £70 deposit and the balance for the skydive being paid on the day of your jump. If you have a shortfall in the minimum amount of sponsor money to jump for free, you can make up the difference yourself.
If your favourite charity is not associated with us yet, you may have to contact their fundraising department, tell them of your plans and they will give you guidance on how to proceed.
Alternatively, you may want to raise money for a local event or for a friend in need. In that case, you simply book your skydive and start fundraising.
We have a generic sponsor form here.
Add an extra 25% to your donation by getting it Gift Aided.
If you are a taxpayer, you can “Gift Aid” your donation which means your donation is increased by 25% or more. For every £10 you donate the charity gets an extra £2.50, making it £12.50. Higher taxpayers potentially get more money donated.
Skydiving for charity is something that everyone gets excited about! Let everyone know that you’re involved by following our advertising suggestions:
- Get your fundraising plans out there on social media. it’s a great platform for getting sponsors and letting them know how the plans are progressing.
- Donors can donate via online services like Just Giving, Virgin Money Giving and Every Click to name but a few. Click here to see some online charity fundraising websites. It is worth taking a look. All these online services take commission, some more than others, so choose wisely.
- Don’t forget to ask your close friends and family to donate.
- Your workplace may be able to help you with your fundraising by matching any donations made, in return for a little mention.
- Contact your local press and radio station and let them know what you’re up to. They may well give you some air-time or space to talk about your plans and boost sponsorship. If you can write an engaging piece for your local paper (or know someone who can) that can boost your sponsorship numbers very well.
- Setup a signature on your emails with a link to your fundraising page. It’ll go out to everyone you email!
Register your charity with us and become a charity partner.
Call us on 01948 841111 if you would like to jump for one of the charities below to jump ‘for free’ (taking your costs out of the funds raised).
For more information on skydiving for charity, check out the list of our charity partners below and look at the pages we host for them.
If you’d like to participate in skydiving for charity, check out our list and please call us on 01948 841111 or contact via their link above.
If your charity isn’t listed, please call us or email us and we will send you a charity fundraising info pack.